01 02 03 Perfecting the Homefront: Vintage Theater Seat Entryway 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Vintage Theater Seat Entryway

34
Let me tell you a little story. I often like to wander through some of my favorite antique/thrift stores every week or so to see what new things they get. A couple of weeks ago I was doing just that, hunting for some old windows (which I will explain another time) and I stumbled across these vintage 1920's theater seats. It was instant love. They were beautiful! The old worn wood, the metal sides, so much character! The thoughts through my mind went like this:

"Those are so lovely and unique."
"How adorable would those be in my home?"
"Jeff (my husband) might kill me."
"Stay on task, you don't need them and you are hunting for windows."

I moved on and tried not to think about them too much. Fast forward to a week later. Again hunting for windows. They might have gotten something new right? so back I went. I had sort of forgotten about the seats because they were too expensive and my husband would have killed me. Well the same thing happened walking through the store. There they were in all their glory! No one had bought them yet! I stared longingly at them once again and wished I could take them home. I snapped a few pictures and sent them to my husband. Maybe if he saw how amazing they are I could talk him into them! Or he might kill me…..worth the risk.



No answer. He is probably contemplating how to let me down easy. Or how to take my bank card away from me.

I decided to move on to the next store for the time being. Walking through another store I found a beautiful arched window……$300….ouch right? I just could not spend that on one window. I snapped a picture of that as well, sent it to my husband, and said "why is everything I love so expensive!?"

I cannot be the only one that thinks this, am I right?

As I am walking to the car he calls me and we start chatting. I could not justify the window, but I started telling him how much I loved the theater seats. I had never seen anything like them. We finally decided I would go back in to see if I could get the price down a bit.

I walk up to the door and they had closed already! Dang it! Luckily I had bought a window from them (a much cheaper one) so they opened up thinking there was a problem with the window or something. I chatted a bit about the seats but they were not willing to go down much. Disappointed I called my husband back and he told me to walk away and think about it. He didn't want me making an emotional purchase. (What other kind is there!?) I told them thank you and that I would think about it and then forced myself to walk away.

I got home and I couldn't stop thinking about them. My wonderful amazing husband finally told me to go get them if I loved them that much (or maybe I just wore hime down). Since they are so unique and wonderful I couldn't pass them up. I called them the next day they were open and finally got them to come down a bit more on the price and bought them over the phone. Yay!! I still can't believe they are mine!

I had to work a few nights before I was able to pick them up. It took a little bit of muscle but they are in their new spot in my home and I LOVE them! I set them up by my back door as a little mud room type thing since we use that door the most. Let me show you….





One of my favorite things about these is the USHER labels on two of them. 





I am SO SO glad I followed my heart on these. They are going to be a favorite thing in my home for a long time. Sometimes you have to pay a little more for things that you love. I usually buy things on sale or try to get a great deal on most everything but I made an exception for these and I have to say so far I am glad about that. I would have regretted leaving them behind! Things like these can add so much character to a space.

So what do you think? What have you bought that was maybe a bit more then you would have spent normally? I would love to hear from you and I just want to say thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog of mine. It means so much!

35 36 37 38